Orthotics are custom made shoe inserts. They can only be ordered by a medical professional after an examination of your feet, your gait, your pronation, and an analysis of any pain you may be experiencing. Issues resulting from heel pain, bunions, plantar fasciitis, flat feet, high arches, abnormal biomechanics, or poor lower limb alignment can all be addressed with custom designed orthotics, which can be made to cushion sore areas and correct abnormalities. They can also be very helpful for athletes, especially runners who have recurring problems with their feet.
Orthotics are made from more durable materials than over the counter shoe inserts, and they last for years, not months. Orthotics are custom designed specifically for your foot to improve your running, walking, and balance by supporting the arch, cradling the heel and rotating your foot into a “neutral” position. This support and proper pronation helps the foot function at its maximum level. When your foot is balanced and supported correctly, you’re less prone to ankle or foot injury, knee pain, hip pain, and back pain as well. After all, your entire body is riding on your feet.
For athletes, foot orthotics can help reduce foot stress and fatigue, and may also increase agility. By balancing the foot, shock absorption will improve, diminishing before reaching your limbs.
How do I know if I’ll benefit from custom orthotics?
- Look at the bottom of your shoes to see if they are worn evenly across the toe or heel area. Even wear-and-tear indicates your gait is normal, but if they wear out too quickly or unevenly, then you may benefit from orthotics
- Do your feet hurt after being active? How about your ankles, knees, hips, or back?
- Do you have unusually high arches?
- Do you have flat feet?
- Do you have tendonitis, shin splints, hammer toes?
- Are your legs consistently tired or aching?
- Do you have diabetic foot problems or a neuroma?
Come for a free foot scan!
Make an appointment and find out! Call now 215.836.1766